cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern Compenents based on Work Points

Pattern Compenents based on Work Points

Hi guys,

This is a double request,

1. I want to pattern an assembly component based on a Curve, just like how you would pattern a feature in part modelling. 

2. Since the first one cant be done, I would like to used patterned Work Points as a reference for patterning along a curve, but unfortunately, the Feature Pattern Selection does not allow Work Point selection

Currently, I have to create patterned solids/surfaces as references in order to pattern a component along a curve. Hence I believe there is room for improvement here.

Regards

Ilyas

4 Comments
wimann
Collaborator

This can most certainly be done. You just have to switch your browser view to "Modeling View" and select the pattern. I posted a couple of guides I made detailing out the process for my coworkers here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General-Discussion/Copying-Studio-Motion-To-Multipul-Parts/m-...

Look for my reply witht he complex part pattern document.

Hope this helps.

ilyas_drawbridge
Advocate

Great tip! Switching to modeling view definitely made it possible to select the pattern from the browser. However, I personally believe that this workflow is less intuitive, i.e: for solids and surfaces, Inventor is able to pick up the pattern from the object itself, but for work points, I'd have to look for the pattern feature in the browser... It seems that Inventor does not find the pattern feature on work points.

I still believe Autodesk can make some improvements with regards to selecting pattern features on work points.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [#39165]. Thanks!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We are refining procedures around idea status.  Changing this to Future Consideration.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report