Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Description in Inventor Assembly Browser

Part Description in Inventor Assembly Browser

I thought this functionality was available, but after posting this thread, apparently not.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/part-description-in-assembly-browser/m-p/5...

In our assemblies, we have part numbers and some in the department want to see descriptions in the part file name as well as the part number.  I know other softwares can do this.  If there was the ability to add various iproperties as tags to assembly browser components this would make parts more easily recognized.  This functionality is much needed.

2 Comments
markschaffer
Contributor

This is one of my bigger gripes about Inventor.  The data is there, I just cannot use it when it would be convenient.

CWeir.CrestlineCoach
Contributor

This would be a huge help to companies using non-intelligent part numbering. Our department is currently stuck in debates about part numbers as we want to use a non-intelligent system but that would cause the model browser become effectively useless. If we could put part descriptions in the model browser instead of part numbers/filenames that would make our lives a lot easier.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report