Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open multiple parts at once

Open multiple parts at once

I would like to be able to select multiple parts (either from the graphics area or from the browser) and open all of them at once.

Capture.PNG

10 Comments
jtylerbc
Mentor

I would like to see this also include opening from the BOM.

laptop_geek
Advocate

Opening parts from the BOM in a drawing would be great. It is very annoying to have the "OPEN" button there but greyed out.

mrattray
Advisor
Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant

If this idea is implemented, I would like to see a confirmation box before the files are opened, in order to prevent this option from becoming a problem caused by an mistaken click.

Example:

1. Select multiple files
  2. Right click and choose Open
  3. Click "Yes" when asked "Do you really want to open these 77 files?"

mrattray
Advisor

That's a good point, Curtis. That would be like the famous accidentally clicking "Expand All" instead of "Collapse All" in a large assembly...

scottmoyse
Mentor

I vote for multiple parts being opened from the browser, but also from the BOM. Both should be implemented at the same time.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US-56833]. Thanks!

DRoam
Mentor

FYI, this was added in R2 of Inventor 2017, which you can download if you have a Subscription.

Also, there's a duplicate request here which could be marked as Implemented whenever this one is.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We are refining procedures around idea status.  Changing this to Future Consideration.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2021.1. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report