Community
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

OD Parameters for Assembly Part List

OD Parameters for Assembly Part List

Where I work, the welders like to have OD for each part in the assembly part list. Also, shipping wants OD for sub-assemblies in part list. (The final assembly is done on site after parts are shipped)

My work around for assemblies is to create two sketches in the assembly, (1 for Y & X, another for Z.)  I use "Project Geometry" at far ends, then make driven dimensions that I can then use in my part lists. But then if I change/modify the end part, I must also refit the sketch"

Why not make what is already in Inventor availible as a parameter?

My first hint was the margin around views in drawings. Seems Inventor already knows the OD of my assemblies.

Second hint was that that margin is edible when around refernce items.

Third hint is the bounding box data found under "Check Design"

Insted of forcing me to try and find an Ilogic macro somewhere on internet for calculating assembly bounding box for use in part list, just make this data usable in parameters, PLEASE! (BTW, I did find some Ilogic for parts bounding box, but not assemblies. And I suck at Visual Basic.)

2 Comments
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. Weā€™re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. Weā€™ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report