Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no hidden tools in the toolbar

no hidden tools in the toolbar

It takes time to drop down the list and find or remember where the tools are, it would be better and fast to have all the tools visible in the toolbar.

7 Comments
jletcher
Advisor

Yes put back the classic interface......... LESS CLICKS

Drop downs waste of time...........

Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant

I am not a "click counter", and I typically do not fret over interface changes in general, but I suspect in the near future we're going to see the problem of hidden tools get worse. It would be nice for users to have a "show all" option of some sort, so that those who do prefer to have all the tools shown, can do so.

PaulMunford
Autodesk
I concur. Tools that you can see are 'discoverable' (ooo - I wonder what that does?). Tools that you cannot see are simply not. Did you know that the move body command had options to move along a ray or rotate? Of course you did - but how would you have found them if someone didn't show you!
BryanKelley
Alumni

Hello,

Please note that once you select an Expanded Panel, you can right-mouse click on a command and select "Move to Main Panel" so that command will be available there.

Once you're done, I would suggest that you right-mouse click in the Ribbon and select "Customize User Commands...".  From there, select the "Export..." button to save your changes to your own XML files.  With that file, you could then copy it to the network, email it to others, or somehow share it so others could utilize it as well.  They would go through a simiial process except they would select "Import..." and point to the XML file that you created.

Thanks,

Bryan

jletcher
Advisor

Just give me back my nice and fast Classic back....................

I knew that can be done but still have all the tabs to click to get to command to click......

This new interface is crap and they need to just have the option back.

I don't use none of the new interface crap.............. If I could get rid of the ribbon I would..

Just to customize the new interface is an act of god in the old interface it was Paradise.........

I don't know what they are thinking but the more they make it like SolidWorks I might as well just buy Solidworks......

I think they hired a solidworks programmer......

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report