Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
0 Kudos
GSE_Dan_A

New Group of Content Center Parts

by Valued Mentor on ‎02-08-2013 08:10 AM

Well I know there are many other flaws and higher priority fixes that need to be addressed, well before adding more items to the mix I just would like to throw this idea out there. 

Our company deals heavily with lifting devices and certifications.  We are constantly having to model up rigging components such as shackles, chains, hooks, clips, ropes etc... With that being said, it would be nice to have these items available in the Content Center.  I realize that the shapes and sizes vary from manutacturer to manufacturer, but perhaps getting some of the big suppliers (Crosby, Peerliess, Van Beest, Columbus Mckinnon, etc..) on board to allow Inventor to use their design, dimensions, etc... could be a possibility. 

Again I realize that this Idea is just a small blip compared to what others have already suggested.

Regards,

Dan

Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎02-15-2013 08:27 AM

Dan,  do you realize that if you have access to these models, or have modeled them up yourself... these can easily be added to you Custom Content Center library?  Anything that you can model or download as a model can be added easily to CC.

by Contributor n.schotten on ‎02-28-2013 01:07 AM

Are these suppliers of yours already in partserver/cadenas or other (online) cad libraries? Just use them from there, and think about adding them to a custom (CC) library.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube