Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming work planes

Naming work planes

I'd like to be able to assign descriptive names to work planes - this way I don't see a list of work planes and have to guess which is which.

Right now I am working on a project that I'd like to have a work plane representing building column lines. It would be great to be able to label the column lines by letter and number, as they are in the building. This would help me be able to pull dimensions off of the the column lines instead of the faces of the columns, since there aren't really convenient snap points on the column center lines.

I'm sure that this idea has other practical uses too.

The other thought would be allowing renaming of frame generator components so I can label the columns accordingly.

5 Comments
Dave_SSDD9000
Contributor

Hi schnautza,

If you click twice (slowly) on the workplane in the browser bar, you should then be able to rename the workplane.

Dave

schnautza
Advocate

hm. I thought I tried that. Don't I feel silly now?

schnautza
Advocate

Soooo is there a way to delete this post then?

jdavis417
Advocate

LOL, your question was legitimate, but perhaps belonged in the regular Discussion Board.

I wish there was a way to delete some of the things I've said.  Apparently my frequent foots-in-mouth are there for all time.  If you need me, I'll be here hiding under my desk in embarrassment. Smiley LOL

Oh well, I think it was Einstein who said, "Only the mediocre are always at their best".  That applies to folks like me who are less-than mediocre too! Man Embarassed

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report