Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving arrays and Bolted Connection in the assembly lower level.

Moving arrays and Bolted Connection in the assembly lower level.

I want to be able to move arrays and Bolted Connection in the assembly lower level, as well as other parts and assemblies.

Level.jpg

7 Comments
john.sullens
Observer

If drag and drop does not work...have you tried adding them to a folder then moving them?  Bolted connections are very picking about draw order.

robmatthews
Collaborator

I find demoting patterns to a new (temporary) assembly will allow you then move that assembly to your target assembly by dragging in the browser, and then you can promote them back out of the temporary assembly which you can then delete.

But that's just a work-around.

mill1806
Enthusiast

I haven't tried that particular work around, but I have the same problem trying to move any component pattern.  I can add the pattern to a folder only if it is immediately next to it.  Forget about puting component patterns (component driven or otherwise) that are spread throughout the tree into a single folder.  This would help clean up the tree, especially in my situation where I've inserted fasteners as I created the model, but now wnat to put specific fasteners into a single folder.

stuartmp
Advocate

Yep this is a problem and the workarounds sometimes work.

I am sure we all agree it would be nice it we were able to do it without the workarounds.

You have my vote.

Thanks for the write up filat.

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Hi All,

thumbs up. Please vote for, too 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/sketch-driven-pattern/idi-p/5448551

demote and promote. It is related. I am writing in the link to comments.

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Does not it still work? How so? -)

sivert97UJC
Participant

Hi guys, we are now in 2022 and this is still an issue.

I have a pretty big assembly where I want to promote some bolted connections, to have them in the right place according to assembly. There were no issues with promoting the parts, but the bolts have proven tricky!

I tried the workaround with the folder, but I wasn't even able to move them there. Can Vault have something to do with the issue? Does anyone have another solution for this?

sivert97UJC_1-1641387422581.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report