Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move parts to folder

Move parts to folder

You start a new project and before you know it you've finished the assembly and have a single folder on your HDD with 1000 parts in it. 

I want to be able to right click an assembly within Inventor and choose a command that says soemthing like, 'organise to folder,' or something. I don't know, you are probably better at marketing than me. Maybe 'Move partz to folder KomMand.' I dunno, something catchy. Add the word Turbo?

Anyway, what this would do is take all those parts and move them into a folder, or a new folder within the project. 

Say I have a car, I don't design cars so this will be super simple. But say it had 5000 unique parts all in a single folder. I could right click the engine and choose 'organise to folder' and create an engine folder to move it to. Now I can right click the brakes and move those parts to a brakes folder. 

It would help massively with organisation because currently I have to dig through the folders manually and try and seperate out 50 parts called angle 5,6,7

Also, if you use the word 'organise,' please spell it without the Z. Using Z in that word really annoys me. 

2 Comments
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report