Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse Scroll Wheel - Make zooming increment adjustable

Mouse Scroll Wheel - Make zooming increment adjustable

Can you please add an application option to set the sensitivity (zoom increment) of the mouse wheel.  The current setting (Inventor 2014) is too coarse for my tastes and forces me to use the LMB and F3, which is slower and not as slick as just using the mouse wheel.

Thanks.

6 Comments
jletcher
Advisor

Kind of torn on this one sounds good but also not.

What happens if I want to zoom fast like now? Do I have to go change the settings every time?

I like it but I don't because of that reason I like how fast I can zoom in and out..

Have you looked into 3D connexion mouse?

davef
Advocate

Jletcher, I can only imagine the stress MS Word causes you by offering more than just the Times New Roman font!

Now that you mention it... I always listen to the same radio station on my way to work.  So, excuse me now while I go out to the parking lot and rip the knob off my car radio. 

Here's something... if you like the default zoom behavior...  LEAVE IT.  For those of us that are consistently frustrated by it - we'd like the option to adjust it.  C'mon!

jletcher
Advisor

No have no issues with MS but the interface..

So would that be a no on the mouse?

So why did they not leave my classic interface? Many loved it and hate the new interface.. But yet they took out my option....

Who is the us? One vote..

jtylerbc
Mentor

Would be nice to have some adjustability to this, especially for those without a 3D Connexion device.

Personally, I use a 3D Connexion device, but also occasionally zoom with the mouse.  I often work on rather physically large pieces of equipment that also have small details in localized areas.  I tune the sensitivity of the zoom on the 3D device more for the smaller-scale work, and use the coarser zoom of the mouse wheel to move to different areas of the large assembly.

If I had the feature requested, I'd probably use it the opposite way, making the mouse zoom slightly more coarse than it already is, so I can zip around to different areas of the assembly even faster.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report