Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Routed Systems segment options (shrink tubing, boots, insulation, etc)

More Routed Systems segment options (shrink tubing, boots, insulation, etc)

I'm not sure if this will get any kudos or not but I feel Routed Systems could use more features than what's currently available, especially when it comes to segment geometry options.

What about the ability to add in shrink wrap segments? Shrink tubing or protective wiring boots are obviously commonplace in the electrical industry so it would be great if we could create these shrink wrap-like segments using an dialog box that allows us to basically create a body within the Routed Systems harness structure. Maybe something that would allow us to have adaptive lofts that can select faces or features from a connector and then create the other sketch and geometry based off a work point, plane, etc?

Something like this...

without shrink tubing.jpg

shrink tubing.jpg

3 Comments
pkenewell6347
Contributor

I would also add to this the ability to show segments like twisted wires!

pkenewell6347
Contributor

Another Good Idea would be a way to show segments as twisted bundles i.e. showing all the wires twisted together.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes.

We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found
that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know.

- Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report