Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground To Origin / Flush-constrain Origin Planes command

Ground To Origin / Flush-constrain Origin Planes command

We have the "Ground and Root Component" command for this purpose. But it has two major drawbacks:

1. We can't use it on multiple components at once
  2. It does three things at once even if we only want one. (It flush-constrains the origin planes, grounds the component, and moves the component to the top of the browser tree).

So this request is for improvements to the "Ground and Root Component" command to allow the following:

1. Let it work on multiple components at once
  2. Let us choose which of three operations to perform each time we use it
3 Comments
RolfEven
Enthusiast

Hi,

I don’t know how complicated productivity components are, but I would like to suggest some improvments.
1. Constrain Component Origin. Idea shown in picture below. Parts need to be constrained to a skeleton part. If the skeleton part is moved, then its children are moved. I only need this "add multiple parts" addition to the already existing "Place at Component Origin"
2. Multiple Place at Component Origin. I need the ability to constrain any two IPT/IAM together. Ctrl+Click to select, and use productivity tool "Constrain Components Origin". This tool add Flush constrain to XY-XY, XZ-XZ, YZ-YZ.
/Rolf Even

More Productivity *.IAM

Tags (1)
DRoam
Mentor

See related discussion here and here.

Also, vote for a related idea here: Flush origin planes on "Place"

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea had been implemented in Inventor 2019, please try the new enhancement.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report