Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
140 Kudos
Cadmanto

More Distint Color Difference with Constraints?

by *Expert Elite* on ‎10-04-2013 08:47 AM

I know I struggle with the two shades of yellow when trying to contrain or edit contraints in assemblies.  Can we make them something that is a little more distinguishable?  Like read and green or yellow and orange or what ever that allows these two colors to not be in the same color family.

colors.JPG 

for "Wonderland".  I like this scheme except for this.

colors.JPG

Accepted idea [US21077]. Thanks!
Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎10-07-2013 10:45 AM

Other schemes have the same problem with similar shades of blue, etc.  Very hard to distinguish at times, especially when one of the parts is also of a color similar to the highlight colors.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎10-07-2013 11:02 AM

I noticed that.  I changed from the scheme I have used for a while to one that had a little more distinction, but yeah, this scheme is not the only one as you say.

by Valued Mentor on ‎10-08-2013 08:21 AM

I completely agree that two shades of the same color are really hard to tell apart and it makes no sense to have it like that. The good news is there is a program to edit the color schemes in Inventor. It's part of the SDK and while we're waiting for Autodesk to do something we can pick the colors we want.

Just do a search about using InventorColorSchemeEditor. It's quite easy to use and works well, though there is a warning because it's unsupported and supplied as an example.

by Distinguished Contributor cmcconnell on ‎10-16-2013 09:27 AM

This worked excellent when it was first implimented. Both halves would highlite in contrasting colors when we hovered over the constraint (this has been replaced with similar colors showing when the constraint is edited)

by Distinguished Contributor mikeh on ‎10-16-2013 09:50 AM

Ditto on McConnell.  It was broken in IV2009.  While we’re talking highlighting, especially when trying to fix broken constraints, we could hover over the constraint and it would highlight the involved components, which in a large assembly is very important and helps you hone in on where the constraint is at.   Then editing the constraint highlighted the features associated.  Even more important is if the geometry constrained no longer exists, currently there is no way to highlight the part.

To take it to a wish level when geometry no longer exists causing a broken constraint it would be awesome to show a ghost of where that costraint was attached to.

We have default colors we powder coat parts and typically their Red and Green which tends to blend in w/ the feature highlighting.  I think we need intelligent highlighting that contrasts the color of the parts.

Thanks !

by *Expert Elite* on ‎10-16-2013 09:54 AM

Since I first started with the program in 2011 what you are saying confirms that it used to be fine.

Like I always say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!

by Valued Contributor jamjumpin on ‎10-17-2013 07:38 AM

I already posted this and they closed it saying they had fixed it.

Although, the new feature in 2014 that they cited is completely unrelated. 

by *Expert Elite* on ‎10-17-2013 08:31 AM

So, what you are saying this idea is so called a duplicate?

Was 2014 the version it was supposeed to be fixed in?

Can you post screen shot of this feature you are referencing to?

by *Expert Elite* on ‎10-25-2013 01:44 PM

Try using the "high contrast" scheme. I love it and have gotten all of my users to like it, too. Reminds us of AutoCAD.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎10-30-2013 04:03 AM

Sorry, but that is too dismal of a background for me.  A little dark too.

I like something with a more upbeat and pastel look.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube