cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Thread Modeled

Real Thread Modeled

Maybe there are already similar ideas..

But.

If you want a real modeled thread in Inventor what do you do?

1- you have to model it by yourself (sketch...coil/sweep, etc)  (db18cec69d42acd83a8a8fb084e50d4f

2- you have to use a third part app called "coolOrange threadModeler". ( We-think-Tired-yawning-surprised

But...why?emojipedia-colbert-emoji-sample

We (I) would like to see this!

dxdx.jpg

93 Comments
CADMonkey4Life
Enthusiast

There's a twist to this topic done before but for the wrong reasons. 

My idea/request is to be able to do modeled threads f or the purpose of 3D print the model with actual threads. 

As for now this is  a pain in the rear to do and time consuming.

Greateful for comments and ideas about this topic that I feel only will be more and more important.

Tags (3)
BryanKelley
Alumni

There is the ThreadModeler from the Autodesk Exchange App store, it's free.

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=autodesk.appstore.exchange.autodesk.com...

Thanks,

-B

MikeSmell_ADSK
Autodesk

User would like to see the hole command have the option to model threads as features, in addition to the visualization that currently exists today.

Tags (1)
Marco.Takx
Mentor

In the Exchange App is a add-in available to generate a visual tread of the the thread you have made by the thread feature.

Unfortunately, not all variants are supported.

https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3athrea...

marthall
Explorer

I would like to change setup for thread feature in drawing views in the template.

To day default is off.

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Hi all,

good idea. Thumbs up. Setting the template and Application Options or together choice

You have outstripped me with this topic  🙂

provisional solutions: 

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/preset-displaying-of-thread-features-in-inventor-2015-drawing-tip...

I'm not happy the user to change the values in registers. We have about 20 licenses and change the registry on every computer that is not good. Primarily turned on by a thread assembly drawings,It is important. It would prefer settings this Application Options.

Application Options-Drawing.png

salariua
Mentor

I don't understand what's stopping you guys to set it in the template....???

Why do you need to have it in the settings to overcomplicated menus and fiddle with registry settings?

This is possible OUT OF THE BOX, don't understand why this is on idea station in the first place?

Open the template "standard.idw" place a view and change the settings while placing or afterwards. Then delete the view and save the template.... to make this settings persistent.

I would not like to complicate my settings with all this.

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

for salariua

It does not work on assembly.

if you work it, send idw. After inserting the assembly, he must show thread

This is provisional solution, the only option is

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2014/06/persistent-drawing-view-options-in-2015-th...

salariua
Mentor

@dusan.naus.trz I am yet to be proven wrong. I have tested this in Inventor 2015 and 2016 assemblies and parts. Restarted inventor and the settings are persistent.

Start a discussion on forum general and I will prove the case !

I have nothing against improving Inventor but what I don't want is to clutter the settings and overcompliacte them to a point where we would need config files and variables like in ProE or AutoCAD.

This Idea doesn't stand. Yes there might be bugs but they are just that, bugs.

grzegorz.podolewski
Contributor

Hi all.

I agree with user nausd. 

marek_szturc
Explorer

I agree with user nausd ((Posted ‎08-23-2015 03:39 AM))

petr_nohal
Contributor

I too agree with user nausd ((Posted ‎08-23-2015 03:39 AM))

petr_nohal
Contributor

Thumbs up. Good idea marthall

michal_wiselka
Explorer

Thumbs up. Good idea

douthett
Collaborator

This would be nice if you can keep the size of the file down.  If you can't then this would case problems especially when dealing with large assemblies.

seagrotek
Participant

I agree with user nausd

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Temporary solution. Using ilogic. Thanks to Przemek Sokołowski.

Dim oDoc As DrawingDocument
    oDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument

Dim oSheet As Sheet
    oSheet = oDoc.ActiveSheet

For Each oDrawView In oSheet.DrawingViews

oDrawView.DisplayThreadFeatures = True

Next

MrBrodie
Contributor

Fusion360 can do this, but Fusion360 is Autodesk's terrible forced cloud app, I'm not going to pay for a subscription to both apps just to be able to actually model a thread for 3D printing. Some product continuity would be fantastic Autodesk.

MrBrodie
Contributor

Fusion 360 gives the user the option to have cosmetic or modeled threads, why not Inventor? At the very least have an option to model threads on export to mesh so threads can be 3D printed. Some continuity between products would not hurt.

jingyi.liu
Alumni

Thanks for your feedback, modeled thread is a request has been aware.  Noticed that you also know Fusion 360 well,  have you tried the thread modeler provided by Coolorange? It knows Inventor thread feature and produce modeled thread automatically. It's also great example to show micro services for Inventor. Below is the webpage.

http://threadmodeler.com/home

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report