Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Parts List Filtering

Enhanced Parts List Filtering

We’re moving to a more "IKEA" style of assembly drawings where the first page shows the completed assembly and the full BOM / Parts List. Each subsequent page shows the assembly step with just the components required for that step.

With the existing Parts List filters there is not always an easy way to filter the Parts List to show just the components on that page.

• The Assembly Design View can work but most of the time we’re building our steps with Presentation views meaning we don’t have assembly views for each step. 
  • The ballooned one would rock if it wasn’t that it counts it as ballooned anywhere within the drawing not just the active sheet.

What would I like?

1. A "view" filter that only shows the visible components of a selected view, that would be ideal.
  2. A "Presentation View" option that only shows the items visible in the Presentation view
  3. Ballooned with two options; the Ballooned option as it is now and a Ballooned - Sheet filter that looks for balloons just on the active sheet
  4. AutoCAD Mechanical like "Custom" where you could create custom filters on iProperties with operators Contains,  Equal, less than, more than, etc

12 Comments
Dan_Margulius
Advisor

Hello,

I would like to see more filters added to the part list. 

For example filter by material and you can get a partlist with steel elements only .

Maybe more people here will add more ideas because filters is a great idea but not developed enough

Thank you,

Dan

-niels-
Mentor

A filter for custom properties would be nice too

DVDM
Advocate

Yes, for example, I could do with a filter that shows me 1st level Phantom sub-assemblies in the BOM.

mrattray
Advisor

I'd like to see a filter for cutom iProps.

mikeh7
Collaborator

Let's go 1 step further.  SInce we're doing steps of assembly, how about a differntial BOM where it only lists the parts added to this view compared to the prior.

So

Step 1 = parts 1,2,3

Step2 = add 4,5,6 step 1.  I only want to see 4,5,6, not 1,2,3,4, 5,6.

This would be huge to us.

Thanks

alanrichardson
Advocate

Great Idea

LukeDavenport
Collaborator

Hi mthomas,

While you wait for this to be added by Autodesk - here's a newly published app on the Exchange store that probably covers your items 1 and 4 nicely. 

Video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qem8o-R2mqQ

Exchange apps:

https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aviewr...

Luke

nbroughton
Enthusiast

Add a view representation drop down filter when placing a parts list on a drawing similar to placing a view.

Often I have a very large assembly and need to create a parts list for only a portion of the assembly. When I place the parts list I have to wait for it to load to place it, wait for it to load again when I edit the parts list, and once again after applying the filter.

Creating a Drawing View.pngCreating a Parts List.png

mikko.m
Advocate

I need a custom filter for parts list so I could define lists by custom column. For example I have custom column named sheet and I could easily filter those parts for cut list.

custom_filter.JPG

Tags (1)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [17511]. Thanks!

mikeh7
Collaborator

Now that Model States are alive and well in the world the need for a differential Part List becomes even more important and beneficial.  Stage 1 has a Part list with the parts added.  Stage 2 a parts of parts added at stage 2.....  So when you have an assy of 100 unique parts each stage may only show a parts list of 10-20 items.  A much more comprehendible list than a full BOM list at each Stage.

Regards

thomasXUGZK
Participant

Even in 2022 filtering for certain criteria is an impossibility.

I would like to filter on cost center.

I've spent half a day trying to get the BOM/parts list config that I want and have made little progress. I think Autodesk goes out of their way to make things convoluted.

It seems to me that I should be able to simply right click a table, select filter, select cost center in this range and put in 012-01 to 012-09 for example.... a no brainer. but after using this application for over a decade there is still a long list of easy improvements that just haven't been made. AD needs to hire real CAD designers to design this app.... not software engineers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report