Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match properties

Match properties

I've been working on a sketch where I've had to change the colour/linetype of a selection of lines and curves.

So far I've had to click on the line (or ctrl + click on line to select multiple lines), then RMB > properties to accomplish this.

In AutoCAD I would do this by selecting the Match Properties command and simply select the items I wish. Thus saving my  few clicks and several seconds.

Is there such a thing in Inventor? If not, why not?

5 Comments
WILLIAMF
Collaborator

copy properties in Inventor

is the same as

match properties in Acad

bengee5454
Collaborator

Thanks for the comment WILLIAMF,

I can only get 'copy properties' to work for dimensions. I cannot get it to work for lines etc (either on a model sketch or drawing sketch).

What i would like is a quick and easy method of matching properties. There was (not sure if there still is in ACAD) a little paintbrush icon (match properties) that you could simply click and 'paint brush' the required objects.

karthur1
Mentor

There is no "Match Properties" in the sketch environment.  Would be great if it was there. It has a lot of short comings.  I posted about a while back with this IdeaStation post.

stuartmp
Advocate

This would be a useful addition to the sketch environment, I certainly would use it.

Great suggestion.

fernando.velez
Participant

It would still be more interesting drawing environment to match properties hatch patterns. It is tedious in sections of several pieces.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report