Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy properties in drawing

Copy properties in drawing

Pease add the command in Drawing environment. This is present in autocad and will be very important in drawing too, expecially for hatch!!

Cattura.JPG

30 Comments
schebs
Explorer

I would like to have a "Match Properties" function in Inventor drawings similiar to Autocad.

Example:

I have many hatches in a drawing, one of them I customized. I would then like to match a few of the other ones to this style of hatch.

I would also like a simple linetype scale comand for center lines. And be able to match those properties.

And also dynamic text, similiar to Autocad. Not that huge text box in your face.

thank you.

Tags (1)
LukeDavenport
Collaborator

Kudos for the Match Properties in drawing (hatch styles etc). I get asked about this all the time.

smokes2998
Collaborator
gusi_cl
Advocate
No, not about the IPROPERTIES.....

I mean the properties of the graphics entities, like text, hatch, lines.

Bye!
dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

hi, all

good idea, Thumbs up. I started doing drawings in Inventor, and without functions such as function Match properties AutoCAD is hard work. , that would be cool even in Inventor. Text, lines, and hatches. Autodesk thanks to the developers for improvement and I am grateful for Ideastation

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Match properties-1.png

smokes2998
Collaborator

Inventor Drawings work completely different to AutoCAD. You need to configure the Inventor Drawing template using the styles editor to get the colours you need. Don't forget that the line properties that worked with a black background in AutoCAD  don't necessarily work in an inventor darwing with a off white background. I have seen so many template set up with autocad colour that are just hard to use.

Also don't forget that colour prints tend to be used more so remember that some colours that were used in AutoCAD to define different shades of gray won't work that well in Inventor and are unecessary as Inventor creates the views and auto hatches them as and when is needed.

fernando.velez
Participant

I'm looking for some solution to this issue but find nothing. It is something that everyone needs for years but Autodesk developers do not want to solve.
It should not be difficult to implement a command with the command "match properties" in Inventor drawings (IDW). hatch patterns, dimensions, text, etc.

Low efficiency

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Hi all,

I make drawings for the renovation of assembly The subassembly is a reference but some areas have to be welded and then machined. work is complicated. When will this funkctions?

https://youtu.be/taTKO_8qO5k

liquidspoon
Contributor

Copy Hatch properties would be great.

I waste too much time fixing hatches, one by one.

There should be a 'Copy Properties' option for hatch, just like for dimensions. 

Frodl
Advocate

Hi all,

copy poporties would be very great.

For dimensions the ist a function to copy the properties.

to copy the properties should also be possible for text and leader text or headlines

Eigenschaften-Kopieren_01.jpg

CarolaH13
Explorer

A good idea!!!

lingyue.wu
Explorer

This is very smart!

miriam.eimanns
Community Visitor

A good idea
MikeKovacik4928
Advisor

Okay finally

Still no solution to changes numerous hatches all at once, in terms of scale and colour.

This is adding significant extra time in getting my drawings out

I would like to add the idea of either

1. being able to match properties of hatch patterns (like in autocad)

or

2. being able to to a multiple select without the edit button being greyed out,

so that you can edit a whole pile of hatches at one go to a single setting

but the 1st idea already exists, and is the one I prefer, although both would solve the problem,

therefore I will just add my vote.

See attached for a full explanation of what I have tried and what I have seen on

the idea forum https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/hatch-setup-amp-edit-in-idw/m-p/7473602/highlight/fals...

Michael Kovacik
Draughting/Designing (Manufacturing) (31 yrs)
Drawing Board (3 yrs)
Cad (28 yrs)
-Cadkey (4 yrs)
-AutoCAD 2d & 3d (16 yrs)
-Inventor (4 yrs)
-Autocad and Inventor Simultaneously (4 years)
 (and recently Autocad/Inventor Customisation)
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2018
Autocad 2018, Inventor Pro 2018
(My own personal licensed copy)
Johannesburg, South Africa
(Impossible only means you haven't
found the solution yet

schebs
Explorer

How about we get this "MATCH PROPERTIES" into the program?

Why is it taking soooo long?

It was submit 5 years ago.

Does anyone have an answer?

kent_wold
Enthusiast

Needed for idw sketches as well!

fernando.velez
Participant

It's sad and even shameful that no Autodesk solutions to this problem after so many years

WPeacock
Contributor

Not only required for Hatch, but line styles / format / thickness / layer!

DarrenStoner
Observer

I've been wondering about this for a while. I thought maybe I was just missing something, but nope... having to change each hatch 1 at a time is such a time consumer. I've thought about making duplicate materials so I can assign a hatch colour to each material... but that's not a solution at all imo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report