Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Sizeable Project Wizard Dialog

Re-Sizeable Project Wizard Dialog

This is probably being ignored with the prevalance of Vault, but I still think the project wizard dialog should finally be made re-sizeable.  It is pathetic having to carefully double-click on the right edge of the Location column to expand it every time, but then to still have to scroll back and forth between the Location and Logical Name columns as the dialog form itself can't be stretched wider (meaning: make the two list controls stretch wider with the main form, FFS!).

I'm an absolute rank hack at VB.Net and even I could (WOULD) fix this, and it wouldn't take me years to realize it.

5 Comments
mcm1009
Explorer

Hi,

Please make the window resizable when creating a Project and selecting the libraries.  It is very difficult to view and select the libraries desired.

In order to view the location of the file, one must first expand the Location Field far to the right and then drag the horizontal slider bar to the right.

See attached image of the offending window.

While we're at it, can we make it so we can resize ANY window in Inventor?

Tags (6)
scottnewman
Enthusiast

I saw a posting on 7-7-2006 about this same topic.  (they were probably using windows 95 back then)

I am using Inventor 2016 and it still has not been fixed...amazing!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2017. Special thanks to everyone (even those in 2006) who cast a vote for it.  😉

scottnewman
Enthusiast

Thanks Dan!  It is good to get some of these small (but important) fixes implemented...even if it is 11 years late!

The user experience can be like having a car that comes with "bugs"  Perhaps the left turn signal and defroster don't work, so you have to carry a rag to wipe the foggy windows and when you need to turn left, you just make 3 right turns instead.  All of these small "work-arounds" add up!

DRoam
Mentor

@dan_szymanski, this one's been implemented Smiley Happy (not sure when, but it works in 2017). Same for this one: Resize Project Window.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report