Community
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Make hidden assemblies remain hidden

Make hidden assemblies remain hidden

When you turn off visibility of a sub-assembly in an IDW, if you add a new part to the sub-assembly these new parts appear in the drawing view. 

It is very unlikely that anyone wants this behaviour so I think that all new parts should also be hidden and obey the original state of the parent assembly. 

I hope i've explained this clearly enough. 

This is the icon I'm talking about:

VISIBILITY.jpg

4 Comments
karl.hosking
Contributor

As a workaround; create a view representation in the assembly, and then lock that view rep. Then in a drawing, create new views based on the locked view rep, dimension, annotate & save. Upon returning to the assembly and adding new parts to the assembly, those drawing views previously created in the drawing should still look as per the locked assembly view rep.

Mark_Wigan
Collaborator

yes sometimes i do the same karl. i kinda think that James idea has some merit though

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. Weā€™re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. Weā€™ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea