Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Majority surface symbol that indicates a state to all annotated surfaces

Majority surface symbol that indicates a state to all annotated surfaces

In AutoCAD Mechanical it is possible to get a summary surface Symbol. In Inventor this is missing.

It would be great to have it also available here.

Summary_Symbol.png

18 Comments
pierre.masson
Alumni

We would like to have a majority surface function like in ACADM.

pierre.masson
Alumni

Here a screenshot of how it looks like in ACADM. The majority symbol is on top of the view, it allows a single symbol to be created which specifies the surface texture requirements for all surfaces unless specified otherwise

Majority symbol

MARIOGHEZZO6306
Observer

But is it available yet? I have Inventor 2014? How can it be possible that it is not yet available? this i a basic feature for Mechanical projects..

thanks

@pierre.masson wrote:

We would like to have a majority surface function like in ACADM.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [741]. Thanks!

Diequa
Advocate

Thank you Dan, this will help me at my job! Smiley Happy

rolf_zimmermann
Enthusiast

Thank you Dan that will be a big help for our users Woman HappyMan Happy

This is a great addition, hope to see it soon in a future release.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

rolf_zimmermann
Enthusiast
Hi Dan,
thank you for that.
What means this status exactly ?

Kind regards
Rolf
dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Hi @rolf_zimmermann,

The Inventor team is updating our approach toward leveraging the status field on our Ideas forum.  The goal is to be a little more predictive with our near term and long term plans.  This idea, and many others, were recently updated to reflect this new methodology.  "Future consideration" in short, means the request exists within our backlog, however its realization may be a little further out than an idea with an "Accepted" status.  Regards, -Dan 

itsme.mozzarella
Enthusiast

So it's been almost 4 years since this basic feature was requested and it's still not here. For a company that prides itself in its CAD software I find a lot of it to be very lacking in functionality and simply not up to industry standards after so many years being on the market, especially for such a hefty price tag.

marco.coelho
Participant

Hello,

Any update about this case?

Best Regards,

Marco Coelho.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Some possible solutions for this idea are currently under discussion within our NDA based, internal Inventor feedback community. If you would like to see what we are working on, or contribute to the discussion, please apply for access using this link: https://Autode.sk/InventorBeta

Regards,

Dan

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2023. Please review the content here, to learn how to leverage Majority Surface Texture Symbols. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

A..Cruz
Explorer

Hi @dan_szymanski

In Inventor 2023 you can only add one symbol in the parenthesis. Can you confirm if it would be possible to add multiple symbols (as the image above in this topic)?

Diequa
Advocate

@A..Cruz 

It works, you have to enable it in the Styles and Standards Editor.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

@Diequa, thank you ever so much for providing the animation that accurately demonstrates the capability.

Greatly appreciated!

-Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report