Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader lines - automatic top and bottom justify

Leader lines - automatic top and bottom justify

My company's standards for leader text is very strict - when the leader line comes from the left side of the text, it should be aligned with the first word of the text. When it comes from the right, it aligns with the last word of the text.

I can manually set this with every leader, setting the right-sided leader text as bottom justified, but if I move the text to the point that the leader is now on the left side, I have to go back and correct it to top justified.

I'd like to see a setting in leader styles to automatically detect the top and bottom text justification depending on if the leader is on the left or right side of the text.

The other issue I have with the leader lines is that I need the arrow to extend to the last word of the text on the bottom line. Currently it will only extend the arrow to the end of the longest line of text. My workaround is to make the last line of text the longest, but that can be awkward.

I'm attaching a picture to show what our standard is (created from AutoCAD).

2 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inventor programmers need to take some drafting classes, as this is how leader notes should always be.

JJdesigner
Participant

This is how I would like my leaders and text to be as well, any way to do this yet?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report