Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L.O.D. is being accessed

L.O.D. is being accessed

It would be very helpful if the dialog box that notifies you that a different LOD is being accessed in another file would give you an indication of what file needs to be closed.

Even better, stop checking the other file status. IREALLY DO NOT CARE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE OHTER FILES, ESPECIALLY WHAT IS SUPPRESSED OR UNSUPRESSED IN THEM. 

See the attached dialog box. It should tell you which file is stopping me from moving forward.

9 Comments
mrattray
Advisor

LOD's need a general user friendliness overhaul.

timdown73
Collaborator

Yeah, That's the Inventor equivalent of the old "PC load letter".  Having to close out of all of your open files just to make a change is very frustrating.  Agreed LOD's need to be more user friendly and better explained in the help.

mrattray
Advisor
psp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

A real pain in the a..

If you place views using LOD and ballons on a drawing, then it is almost impossible to work with the assembly at the same time.

MegaJerk
Collaborator

I never could understand why this happens... so sporadically, or how the drawing file is being accessed / updated when I'm not anywhere near the environment! Sometimes I can edit away for half an hour (with the drawing open on a different tab) and never see this error, but other times it pops up after one simple change to my model. An Level of Detail overhaul would be nice, if not just to solve the problem of having things attempt to update in the background instead of waiting their turn!

MDS-MQ
Advocate

I would love to hear an explaination of why updating an I-Property field has any affect on what LOD is being accessed in the drawing views.

I have had to open and close a very large drawing 3 or 4 times today due to the LOD message.

I think somebody owes me about 4 hour!

WAITING IMPASIANTLY FOR THIS MESS TO BE FIXED!

MDS-MQ
Advocate

Lost time due to LOD message. I am working on some upper level assemblies and get the message about LOD being accessed, forcing me to to close my drawing or assembly to complete a change.

I would estamate this lost time at at lest 30 to 40 minutes a day. At 200 working days a year. Where do I submit my these hours to to get my refund from AutoDesk?

We are talking about 100+ hours per year per user. I will leave the dollar value per hour up to you...

timdown73
Collaborator

This is infuriating!  I know there may be a valid reason that the program works this way but from a users standpoint it is incredibly frustrating!   In the old days you used to have to get out of your truck and lock your wheels to switch to 4 wheel drive, and there was a valid reason for this but it sucked.  So some engineer figured out a way to make push button 4 wheel drive.  Inventor needs push button 4 wheel drive.  Sorry for the rant, I usually try not to in this forum as I feel it's a valuable resource and gets results.  I'm just tired of getting out of the truck 10 times a day.  Thanks for listening.

Capture.JPG

MDS-MQ
Advocate

Don't be sorry, I love it.

I totally agree, and I am happy to hear that there are a few logical people left in the world. Hopefully there are a few left at AutoDesk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report