Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint/Constraint Control Panel so I can operate model like real world

Joint/Constraint Control Panel so I can operate model like real world

It would be a nice feature to have a control panel in Inventor where you could take certain driven constraints and put them on this control than hit a momentary button to make your model move. Once example would be a hydraulic cylinder. Presently, we drive the cylinder to put things into motion, but I have to access thru browser and usually add symbols to make the constraint stand out (See image). If I had a control panel where I could tie that driven constrain to it and depress a toggle/button which would activate the constrain. I would then have full control and almost act like it would in the real world.control constraints-joints.png

control.png

6 Comments
jletcher
Advisor

This sounds like a job for ilogic.

Have you looked into this?

tmonty
Contributor

This can be done with an iLogic form and Slider controls.  It's not exactly what you are asking for but it will give you simulated motion.

I have a small video demonstrating this but I can't attach it here.

steveh3
Advisor

You can post links here though...how about putting it on Dropbox/Youtube or the like and post the link? Thank you.

tmonty
Contributor

Sorry it took so long to reply.

I am controlling the parameter values of the constaints in the iLogic form with slider controls to simulate motion.

Here is the video Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahtcqqd22fypmxb/SliderControlMotion.avi

I hope this helps,

Tony

Josh_Hunt
Advocate

tmonty was correct that iLogic and Forms will give you the interface you want.

Also, I recomend using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS when renaming your constraints.

"SPOUT ANGLE" instead of ">>>>>> Spout Angle"

steveh3
Advisor

Thanks to everyone who gave Kudos....but after posting along with everyones help....this feature is kinda there and I use it routinely now...Check out this video along with the others above and it will how you how to do it.

http://autode.sk/1AbAdoH

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report