Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
33 Kudos
MRanda

Irregular Linear Patterns

by Distinguished Contributor MRanda on ‎01-16-2013 10:34 AM

This has been requested before in the discussion groups, but I think it needs revisiting as it has huge time saving potential. I often get instances of a pattern where a hole pattern is interupted somewhere with an odd spacing, then continues again with the first spacing, for instance:

• 3 sets of holes at 150 mm spacing
  • 2 sets of holes at 175 mm spacing
  • 6 sets of holes at 150 mm spacing

The holes are all the same specs, and are all linear, but just need to adjust the spacing in the middle. Looking at the model I am wotking on now, I could use this functionality all over the place including things that I normally would have to fully model such as a set of four gusset plates that each have their own spacing. I would prefer to pattern them and control them via iLogic.

The same goes for circular pattern, allow both to have multiple pattern steps!

This idea has already been submitted. Please refrain from casting kudos to Duplicate listings as it splits the potential votes between two items. Thanks. Likewise this project [US14656] is under review by the development team. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Custom-patterns/idi-p/3686632
Comments
by Valued Contributor streharg on ‎01-17-2013 02:41 AM
by Employee on ‎02-27-2013 12:35 PM
Status changed to: Duplicate
This idea has already been submitted. Please refrain from casting kudos to Duplicate listings as it splits the potential votes between two items. Thanks. Likewise this project [US14656] is under review by the development team. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Custom-patterns/idi-p/3686632
Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube