Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iProperties Manager

iProperties Manager

I don’t know is this has been brought up before but it would be nice to have an iProperties manager. Something that you can change Properties at any level (part, assembly, and drawing) and be able to copy info from part to part with ease.

The only way I know of doing this right now is buying a 3rd party software to do it.

ipropwiz.jpg

I have used several other Cad software’s over the years and every one of them has some type of Properties manager. 

10 Comments
jtylerbc
Mentor

It seems to me that it should be possible to revamp Design Assistant a bit to make it into a tool like this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest you can save 6 to 8 hours a week of work if you have a Properties Manager.  Just the benefits of selecting 100 parts at one time and fill in all your title block information once and being done with it is an awesome thing.  Not to mention the fact if your template doesn’t have custom properties in it this will automatically drive them into the part (if you get vendor parts or parts you made before the template was made). 

nmunro
Collaborator
As the author of said 3rd party application pictured, let me put my name in the please don't column. Developers always run the risk that their plug-ins might get usurped, but it does nothing to encourage them when it does. You can edit properties from the iProperites dialog, from Inventor's BOM editor and other Autodesk tools. If people feel they need more, there are a number of solutions out there.
Anonymous
Not applicable

No offense, but that is the worst reason for not adding a feature ever.  We should all not suffer to make you more money. 

It is appalling that editing iproperties is so tedious without Vault.  Design assistant hasn't been touched in years.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that I properties are tedious as they currently stand.  Some sort of manager like this will be very beneficial.  I would think that a good programmer could write it to work with excel.  Inventor already has some back and forth with excel, so I think it is in the realm of what Autodesk should be doing.   I don't know if we are allowed to do it in this forum, but if it is not a breach of etiquette can someone let me know where to get the third party app pictured above.

I could picture a guy looking at a directory of bearings with a tool like this, and he could see what they currently stock, cost, etc.  It also will make a nice preview before you store parts in the vault.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you search for “Inventor property manager” on the web it should be one of the first links that shows up. It’s very useful software. That’s why I would like inventor to implement something like this.

MegaJerk
Collaborator

Clearly the solution to this problem would be for Autodesk to just hire on kprom Cat Very Happy

niksasa
Collaborator

Такой менеджер уже есть - это глобальная форма ilogiс

I myself am not a programmer, but has developed its program for Inventor me with the right properties. if you are interested

http://www.cad.ru/ru/forum/?PAGE_NAME=message&FID=20&TID=7694&MID=56772#message56772

Josh_Hunt
Advocate

nmunro mentioned Inventor's "BOM (Bill of Materials) editor".  I find it to be very powerful (Copy, Paste, Find, Replace, CAPITALIZE). Has anyone tried it?

Unfortunately Autodesk hid it under Manage tab > BOM in 2014 (prior to 2014, Assemble > BOM Editor).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jhunt107,

I use to use the BOM (Bill of Materials) editor and if you think that’s very powerful then you really need to try a true Properties Manager. The BOM editor is very limited in what it can do compared to a Properties Manager.  I think you should try to download a trail version of a Properties Manager and come back and tell us what you think (with the time you’re going to save and the ease of using one I really think you’d like it). 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report