Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add View Rep support in iParts / iAssemblies - Work Feature Visibility Control

Add View Rep support in iParts / iAssemblies - Work Feature Visibility Control

As it stands, if you include work features in your iPart table, so you can use them within an assembly at a later date (for various reasons). Then they are forced on permanently. Since the members are read only you can't turn off the visibility of the workplanes/features which were included in the iPart table.

Please can you add the option to control the visibility of the work features in some way... or add support for view reps in the iPart Table.

Even if the visibility of the Work Features is turned off, you can still select them from the assembly browser for whatever you need them for.

7 Comments
scottmoyse
Mentor

The ability to control work feature visibility is there for Content Center parts, it really should be there for iParts & iAssemblies as well.

cadull_rb
Advocate
scottmoyse
Mentor

@cadull_rb this came about because of the work feature visibility issue. I wonder how that could be accomplished in a broader way. Which brought me to the View Rep suggestion. Nice work on already submitting that, so there is definitely some overlap here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For supplier content we are using very often iparts. In adition in our construction workflow is established, that all workplanes, -axis and -points are not visible in workview "master". We use an additional view "work" for switching visibility on for those wok features. The template norm.ipt contains allready the predefined view "work".

All created ipart-members contains the representation "master" and "work", because the template contain. But nothing happens, by switching the representation!

The ipart-members diplay the view "master" of the ipart-factory!

We need the abiltiy to switch the representation in ipart-members analogous to parts.

Tags (5)
mariont55
Contributor

Lack of support for view representations for iParts: (Inventor 2015)

Big problem for me. I create iParts all the time. I need to be able to produce drawings that would enable different model view representations.

Example:

I have a model (.ipt) with two (2) iPart members: "Large" and "Small". I also have three different view representations: Master, Blue and Red. In the drawing view, I can select "Active Factory Member" and than in Component, I have all three view reps available: Master, Blue and Red. However, when I select the Large, or Small iPart member, Blue and Red view reps are not available, only Master shows up.

See attached pics.

Please enable all model view reps for all iPart members.

Component_All.JPGComponent_Master Only.JPGiPart Member.JPGModel.JPG

david
Advocate

Hi everyone,

I was about to make an extensive use of iparts, particularly with geometries of suppliers products declined in various dimensions, when I realised this BIG issue, apparently I'm not the only one for whom this is crucial.

The problem is that it seems development team is not interested by treating that subject first mentioned here in... June 2014!

Anyone here has an alternative solution for this?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report