Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Tube & Pipe - WE WANT THIS!!!

Inventor Tube & Pipe - WE WANT THIS!!!

Among other improvements already listed in this Idea Station.  This is almost embarrasing for Autodesk!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uSST3W0_Ojs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11 Comments
cbenner
Mentor

Since I cannot edit the original post.......

salariua
Mentor

I have give you my vote but just to confirm, when you say WE WANT THIS you mean the functionality ?

Or you want Solid Works on your machine :p? 

cbenner
Mentor

Adrian... to clarify... I want Inventor to do this.  i certainly do not want to switch to a different CAD system,... I'm too old for that.  Spent too much time, money and effort getting our systems here set up the way I want them.  I just think that Autodesk needed to do more with T&P years ago, and I think that at least some Adeskers agree with me.  Question is, even if they agree.... how long before we get some real improvements.  It could take years... I just hope I live that long.  Smiley LOL

lesmfunk
Collaborator

"I complain a lot about functionality that is missing or outdated in Inventor Tube & Pipe, but I stand behind it as the best piping CAD system currently available." cbenner 11-03-2014

Would you like to change your statement?

Even if most of us T&P guys moved over to SW, the market loss would be miniscule. But, you are right. Loyalists deserve better.

Raider_71
Collaborator

I I could not agree with you more on this! Please read my post here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/the-forgotten-child/idi-p/5235461

Tell me if I was overreacting but seriously this is how I feel. I love Inventor but some of the tools/modules are getting a bit long in the tooth if you know what I mean...

SW makes Inventor look like a joke in some of these departments.

scottmoyse
Mentor

Oh dear Autodesk....

schnautza
Advocate
That looks about 10x faster/easier than the Inventor version. If I could give this 10 kudos, I would.
Arnold82
Advocate

Free form modelling has been improved significantly in 2015.

Tubes & Pipe can indeed use a similar improvement in functionailty and ease of use.

cbenner
Mentor

Along with this idea, and visible in the video, is the ability to dynamically modify route dimensions with the route and fittings still visible.  Having to edit the route with the route and its fittings hidden from view causes a lot of trial and error editing.... ain't nobody got time for that!

francis.verbeeck
Advocate

yes

AND NOT ONLY TUBE AND PIPE BUT FRAM GENERATOR IS MISSING LOTS OFF FUNCTIONALITIES!

David_Early
Enthusiast

Oh my God, they hit it. So Autodesk we suggest you do your thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvYXsp7_PUw&feature=emb_rel_pause

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report