Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Sketch

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
anders.hagen
462 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor Sketch

When a sketch is fully constrained and dimensions is added as reference with (xx)

When deleting dimensions reference dimensions still is reference. Is it possible to get it to change to standard dimensions

(xx) to xx

regards

anders hagen

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
coreyparks
in reply to: anders.hagen

If I am understanding you this can be done without too much problem.  Not automatically though when changing from (XX) to XX.

This setting allows you to place dimensions as ref without getting the over constrained dialog constantly.

Capture1.PNG

This setting allows you to selet a dimension and toggle if from standard to ref as you want.

Capture2.PNG

Does this help or did I miss just what your looking for?

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 3 of 6
anders.hagen

Hi Here is what i am looking for 1. Creating sketch [cid:image001.png@01CDBBF0.E9622180] 2. Adding dimensions. As you see there is an extra reference value. [cid:image002.png@01CDBBF0.E9622180] 3. Remove the center tab constrain. When I do I want the reference value to change to standard value. As per now I need to delete reference dimension and add it again [cid:image003.png@01CDBBF1.2C706BD0] 4. Is it possible to get this automated. That the reference value change by itself since the model is not fully constrained any more [cid:image004.png@01CDBBF1.2C706BD0] Mvh/Regards Anders Hagen Malm Orstad as Design Engineer / Project Engineer Vollveien 66, N-4354 Voll *Cell: +47 97 74 66 14 *Phone:+47 48 22 10 00 *Fax: +47 51 42 46 31 Visit our new web site :: www.malmorstad.no
Message 4 of 6
Mark_Wigan

sometimes we want to keep a reference dimension regardless of whether is is overconstrained or not, so i would not like to have it toggle its state in a completely automated method.

but note that if you have a reference dimension already on yor sketch, and wish to have it shown as a normal dimension, just LMB click on it, then click the button on your ribbon (the reference dimension button). it will toggle the state of the dimension.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 5 of 6

Hello Anders,

I believe both Corey & Mark have provided you with the instructions regarding the ability that you seek. Converting a reference (driven) dimension to a general dimension only takes a selection (select dimensio) & a consecutive ribbon or RMB (right mouse button) selection to toggle the "Driven Dimension" option. I fear that an algorithm in Inventor to check ALL reference dimensions & convert non-redundant ones to a general dimensions might be a bit taxing. I feel the manual approach is a valid work around and offers a valid solution to a potential lengthy process. If you or others adamantly disagree, please continue to document your use-case with business examples, here in the comments area, where this is not an acceptable work around for you. Unfortunately the images you attached to your prior post did not succeed.

Thanks,

Dan Szymanski

Inventor Customer Experience

Dan Szymanski
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
anders.hagen

Thanks for all tips. Very helpfull

Case closedSmiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report