Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor - Parts edit - Hole

Inventor - Parts edit - Hole

Hi,

Sometimes i make a lot of Holes with the same dimension, ( also the style (counterbore ore what anything else)).
These Hole are not always at the same part. And in the "Hole-PopUp" every same hole dimension is to choose via drop down is easy but not comfortable for a counterbore for example.

It would be nice to add a "button" in the pop-up forHoles like to say: same as previous hole. If you click then all dimensions and which "holestyle", is chosen automatically.

I think it would be helpful for all users.

attached is is picture where the Button could be implement.

kr
aehrwin

5 Comments
karthur1
Mentor

This "Same as Previous" button could be used in ALL the Inventor dialogs that require user input (fillet, chamfer,emboss,coil....etc).  Oh wait.... how about Inventor do that automatically.  It puts some bogus information in there now that you always have to change, so why not put in the same information it used the last time you did that command.

aehrwin
Explorer

Hi karthur1,

with your solution for do it for the other features like chamfer, radius etc, i´m with you.

But if you will do it automatically, maybe you´ll get some error messages for that.

For example: at the last part you did chamfer with 45° and 5mm. but if the "next "part has only 2mm thickness, you get some error message.

You get already errors when you made the chamfer and after that you will change the thickness to a smaller one ( which is smaller than the chamfer).

kr
aehrwin

karthur1
Mentor

I thiink I follow you on what you are saying. If the next part was only 2mm thick and you had a 5mm chamfer prior, obviously, it will not be able to do that, but when you pick the edge with a 5mm chamfer, it will not give you a preview and it shows you that there is a problem. You can  adjust the value at that point.

2015-02-02_0711.png

miechh
Collaborator

Or a button called "Copy from", after pressing this button you click on an existing hole to copy its properties.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Please try Inventor 2019, and the preset in new hole panel will work for you.Preset.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report