Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor - numbered/bulleted lists

Inventor - numbered/bulleted lists

In Inventor, I've only found one built-in way to make numbered lists - and I don't like it.

It's in the add-ons "ESKD Support" and there is an option for General Notes - which is exactly what I use numbered lists for.

But here are the reasons that I do not like this add-in:

1. The text ends up being on some sort of sketch layer.

2. I can't figure out why, but when I have more than 9 entries on the list, this is broken up into two blocks.

3. Enabling the ESKD Support Add-in changes all of my leaders to an ugly style with little customization options that I can find.

I thought I would try another approach - putting text in a table with a column of numbers and a column of text - but found that I couldn't hide the gridlines of the table without changing all my tables or creating a new style, which I'd rather avoid having multiple table styles to fiddle with, especially since all of my drawings require both a Bill of Materials and a list of General Notes.

I am using a clunky work-around now - I create two text boxes - one with my numbers, and one with my text - and I have to carefully space each line out and then place the two text boxes next to each other to make it look like its really one list.

PLEASE update the text box to allow numbered lists (like AutoCAD has).

2 Comments
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Duplicate
Hello, Thanks for posting the idea along with the workarounds you are implementing. This idea has been reported here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Update-Inventor-Drawing-Text-Editor/idi-p/3685260 and likewise has been accepted as Accepted as [US14238]. Please be sure to cast your kudo to the parent idea. Thanks!
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This Duplicate idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report