Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Material info : Description, Keywords, Subclass, Source URL

Inventor Material info : Description, Keywords, Subclass, Source URL

In the Material Editor > Material > Physical Properties > Information are fields where you can place information like : Description, Keywords, Subclass, Source URL. *** Great ***

But how can I show it to the draftsmen, like a TAG, or in a column of something (Now it's too deep). I want that a draftmen can filter on this information when he chooses a material. Is that possible ?

Thanks in advance, Fred Bellekom

MaterialEditor.JPG

4 Comments
Neil_Cross
Mentor

Nope this information is essentially useless, it isn't visible or accessible anywhere outside of the material editor.  I think the material & appearence dialogs have been ported over from other Autodesk products, so some of the fields are essentially dead and void.  You can put the materials into categories and then filter materials that way, but that can only be done in the material editor... not in the drop down list you traditionally select materials from.

As a side note, this post maybe should have been logged on the community forums as it's kind of a question.  I guess as it turns out what you're asking can't be done, it could be an Idea if you care enough about it to be logged as one!

fbk
Advocate
Advocate

Thanks Neal for your comment.

Maybe it can be done in feature versions of Inventor.
Some kind of materials are specific for one use, like bearings, shaft, content center, plates etc.
And it would be nice if you can group it, and put some kind of description of the material characteristics, and even the link to the supplier in this file.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report