Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor: improving the functionality of the ribbon interface

Inventor: improving the functionality of the ribbon interface

Without debates about ribbon vs. Classic can we simply focus on improving the functionality of the ribbon interface?

Perhaps AD can write the functionality back into the interface for us...

. Allow icons to be dragged to convenient locations, so we can again group them how we need or prefer (if nothing else then at least allow for this when we are adding icons to quick access bar).

. I am sure there are several other basic things that could be considered but lets start the ball rolling before we get too excited.

. It seems dissapointing now, that with the newer technology we have at our disposal, we have less functionality in this regard than we had some years ago. was the interface de-tuned by intention? if so then lets be diplomatic about it and ask the question again.

A few hours of consideration on this topic would potentially make a significant impact... Positive from my point of view.

6 Comments
jletcher
Advisor

From what you are saying just putting classic back in would do this and it would be done. there is nothing good about the new interface. And what you are asking was done because what you say is the way classic worked.

So you just proved my point put classic back.

Mark_Wigan
Collaborator

It is not me you need to convince.

pierre.masson
Alumni

For example ability to disable complete ribbon tabs (A360 fopr example).

Add you custom ribbon tab with the name of your company

kirstym12548
Participant

I’m new to Autodesk but it would be nice if I could:

1) Group/ungroup commands in the tabs (to make my own dropdowns like circle or line)

2) Rearrange the commands (to categorize within the tab)

• e.g. put the concentric, tangent and perpendicular constraints next to each other

3) Choose what’s in all the tabs (e.g. take ‘Plane’ out the ‘work features’ tab)

If we’re talking ribbon functionality

Mark_Wigan
Collaborator

aggreed kirstym56

P-D91
Enthusiast

the ability to delete unused icons would be brilliant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report