Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor - Drawing - Text with Tabs - Inserts - Bullets - Numbering

Inventor - Drawing - Text with Tabs - Inserts - Bullets - Numbering

For making nice Remarks on a drawing, I want to Align my text better.

Can you make the next functions in the Text box (Format Text) :

Tabs

Insert

•  Bullets
  1.  Numbering

Thanks in advance,

Fred Bellekom

8 Comments
timdown73
Collaborator

@ jletcher, I clicked on this post in hopes of informing Fred B. In a polite waythat this idea has already been posted and accepted.  I see that you have already done this in what seems like a very curt and rude way. 

Good manners don't cost a thing.

“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used”

Peace out!

mikeh7
Collaborator

jletcher - Can you expand on your response of how Tabs, Bullets and Numbering, common word processing functions (Microsoft style) falls under Symbols?

Thanks

fbk
Advocate
Advocate

Dear Letcher,

Thanks for the work-a-round. But I nomally want to use the front door, not the back door.

I'm glad that you are also aware that you can be an expert on Inventor, but your remarks can be better. Everyone has something to work on. 😉

Please remind that everyone on this forum wants to improve Inventor, and that don't always needs to be your tast. There are a lot of engineers that has used AutoCAD and now went to Inventor. It is for them easier to have a comfortable transfer.

With great respect for your knowledge,

Fred Bellekom

mikeh7
Collaborator

Sketch Symbols definatly has their place which we use for items that 99% of the time are not modified as this is how we standardize on notes, but there still is a great need for us to be able to manually create text on a file by file basis as the text is unique and to be able to do it w/ word processer type functionality definately would improve our productivitiy and relieve some frustration.

Even the Sketch symbol dialog box doesn't have the functionality, so adding it to Sketch symbol generation would improve the functionality of creating and modifying sketch symbols also.

This is something that has been neglected for many many releases.

jletcher
Advisor

I had typed out a nice long reply but I desided not to post it.

And I removed the others for you...

You all have fun.. Smiley Happy

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Duplicate
Duplicate idea can be referenced here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Update-Inventor-Drawing-Text-Editor/idi-p/3685260 Please be sure to cast your kudos there as well as to not split them. Thanks!
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

The Master Idea of this duplicate has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it.

fbk
Advocate
Advocate

Thanks for Implementing in Inventor 2016.
Fred Bellekom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report