Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im I the only one who runs out of memory in Inventor 2015? Possible memory leak?

Im I the only one who runs out of memory in Inventor 2015? Possible memory leak?

My experience with Inventor 2015 is, that when I work with large assemblies, pc very fast run out of memory.

Inventor does not empty cashe memory when i close asm and for that reason it start to work very slow.

So easiest way to work, is constantly restarting inventor and if it is very bad, restarting pc.

In picture below it is obvious that even model is closed, cashe memory is not emptied. If opening a new large asm it will quicly use free memory and begin to work very slow while eating bit by bit of cashed memory.

Never had this problem in Inventor 2013 so Autodesk please correct this

memory in pc.PNG

2 Comments
michael_marx
Advocate

Maybe this has something to do with an application option. disable quick file open on the file tab, which should cache last opened asm file.

Spoiler

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report