Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
New Idea
6 Kudos

Quite often there is a need to apply weld operation not to assemble two or more parts but to enforce single part (usually connect edges of sheet metal part but this is not the only application).

In order to have weld in 3D user need to create weldment assembly which consist of the only part which seems not the optimal workflow.

Please add option to convert IPT to weldment directly (keeping the part as IPT).

4 Kudos

User would like to see the general robustness of the array command improved to support the following scenarios.

1. User would like to be able to array construction geometry (work points, axes, planes, 3D curves)

2.User would like to have additional array commands (pattern along a closed curve, fill area pattern)

3 Kudos

User would like to be able to CANCEL out of the sketch environment. Currently, if a user creates a sketch that they are not happy with, the have to first finish the sketch and then use the UNDO command to get back to the earlier state, or simply delete the newly created sketch. The CANCEL command would be a cleaner workflow option, requiring fewer clean up steps.

2 Kudos

User would like the assembly view representations to be able to include modifications like section views and visual styles when used for drawing creation. Currently, a view representation can be used to create views in a drawing, however, the section views or visual styles are not included. 

22 Kudos

Currently if an user defines COG on drawing file then it's just center mark.

User would like it to be same as COG icon of the part modeling.

COGonDWG.png

1 Kudo

User would like an additional Object Visibility option, ALL, that will toggle all items in the Object Visibility drop down. Currently, the most comprehensive option is All Workfeatures, however, this still leaves some items active. See the attached image.

1 Kudo
MikeSmell_ADSK

Sheet metal gauge table (Parker Hannifin)

by Employee ‎09-29-2014 11:11 AM - edited ‎09-29-2014 11:16 AM

User would like Inventor to include a sheet metal gauge table to accompany material data similar to Solidworks. 

http://help.solidworks.com/2014/English/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_Sheet_Metal_Gauge_Tables.htm 

1 Kudo

User would like the ability to control the length of a sweep along a curve. For example, if the user would like to stop the sweep short of the end of the path, the user is required to either shorten the path or perform an operation to cut off the unneeded geometry. Alternatively, the user would also like to be able to control the start point of the sweep. In general, once a path and a profile exists, the user would like to be able to control the start and end, regardless of the length of the path. 

1 Kudo

User would like the ability to be able to project edges as construction geometry as part of the initial command selection. Currently, a user must first project the edges, then select them and define them as construction lines. This is an extra step in the process that could be avoided if a Project Edges as Construction option existed. 

1 Kudo

User would like the ability to be able to edit a part at the assembly level, even if the part is open in its own window. This will save the user from closing an open part before executing edits at the assembly level. 

7 Kudos
Cadmanto

Measuring Tool Improvements

by *Expert Elite* on ‎09-26-2014 07:20 PM

A lot of good suggestions made in this thread.  Most notably an additional setting in the document options allowing the control of the amount of decimal places in the measuring tool.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/measure-tool-question/m-p/5301319

1 Kudo
Genicee

FEA Simulation In progress

by Contributor Genicee on ‎09-29-2014 08:27 AM

It would be nice to see some data or some kind of imformation given to the use to ensure the simulation is still churning away. The progress bar does little to nothing in showing the user the simulation is still functioning. Something as simple as to which element is being calculated at the current moment. Granted it would cycle through them fairly quickly, but still letting the user know it is not stuck.

2 Kudos
admaiora

Sketch - Trasparency - Geometry Properties

by Distinguished Contributor admaiora on ‎09-28-2014 06:35 AM

It would be great the ability to manage trasparency for sketch entities ( 2d primitives and images). It would help a lots , mostly for for complex sketch with images.

12w.jpg

15 Kudos
filat

Reversal in the sketch dimension

by filat Moderator ‎09-22-2014 12:06 AM - edited ‎09-22-2014 12:09 AM

In the sketch, worth up to dimension range (d3). Dimension is given by the formula. Circle to the left of the line. If you are editing a sketch I need to move the circle to the right of the line, I need to remove the dimension, move the circle to create the dimension and write the formula. I want to be able to reversal the dimension of the opposite side.

Dim.jpg

11 Kudos
patricksalvador

Dialog window location

by Contributor patricksalvador on ‎09-23-2014 07:08 AM

I use a laptop and change locations and each location has a different monitor setup.  Dialog windows are always popping up out of view because Inventor uses the last location of the window, even if it will appear off screen in the current monitor set up.  This happens with Vault as well.  It would be nice if these dialog windows would open where they can be seen.

22 Kudos
Quickcola

"Undo" Should be per Active File

by Quickcola on ‎09-17-2014 12:26 PM

I'm working with several files opened at same time. Parts, Assembly and Drawing Layouts.

What I did;

1- On drawing page I added some general dimensions (or whatever)

2- Change active file, the part for the drawing I am currently working on.

3- Modify length of the part.

4- Come back to drawing page, making it active.

5- While drawing is active, if I hit undo now, it will revert modification done in previous file that is still open but not active.

I think it would be better if undo was limited to current active file, or undo memory split between active files. As it is right now, I may undo stuff from parts and assemblies while only seeing under my eyes a drawing layout on my screen.

I think this is problematic especially since by default Inventor has the undo command in every possible marking menu context. Undo is really easy to miss click when using allot of marking menu and since it can undo stuff in another inactive file, chances are I won't even realise that I "undid" anything at all.

59 Kudos
melmo

Insert Item Numbers into Text Boxes In Drawings

by Contributor melmo on ‎09-04-2014 07:29 AM

I would like to see the ability to insert a part's item number (i.e. from the BOM/Parts List) into text boxes in drawings, in the same way that you can add a part's model or user parameters. We are often asked to add item numbers into text instructions; currently, we do that manually, which is tedious and a source for confusion when an item's number changes. It would therefore be nice to insert the value from the text box as shown below:

BOM Item Number Into Text Box.jpg

The closest I have come to something along these lines is to use iLogic to create the part number as a user parameter, which I can then insert in the manner described; however, that is not as clean as inserting an item number from the parts list.

2 Kudos

We often model small scale plants and infrastructure to support our equipment.  The plants are by no means large enough to need to use something like Plant 3D.  However, we noticed on a couple internet videos how easily handrail, stairs, and ladders are created in comparison to Inventor.  The workflow seems to combine a wizard and selection combination to generate automated infrastructure based on predefined styles.  This functionality urgently needs to be added to Inventor.  We spend WAY more time than we should laying out handrail, stairs, ladders, etc.

4 Kudos
dprante

Part Assembly

by dprante on ‎09-25-2014 05:44 AM

In der Bauteil/Baugruppenumgebung

wäre es anzustreben, daß über den "Messbefehl" Gewindedimensionen (M8x1.25 oder M5x0.8) anzeigbar sind.

Bisher werden nur die Maße der Kernlochbohrung angezeigt.

13 Kudos
filat

Add Vertex/Leader for Welding in drawing

by filat Moderator on ‎09-19-2014 01:04 AM

Add Vertex/Leader team must add the callout with the same arrows as in the original leader.

Leader.jpg

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube