Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to be able to put pictures in my .idw

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Jking5464
449 Views, 6 Replies

I want to be able to put pictures in my .idw

I want the ability to import pictures I have taken (possibly from prototypes I have made or received).

It would help with sending problem areas to various developers that I deal with. I am currently using Microsoft paint to draw arrows and write text then saving as a .jpeg and simply adding them as an attachment in my emails along with a PDF that I generated from and .idw .

Instead I want to be able place the picture in the .idw and make the necessary notations and export to PDF (which will help everyone with consolidating data and information)

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jletcher
in reply to: Jking5464

Um you can....

WHY CAN'T YOU.JPG

Message 3 of 7
Jking5464

UM HOW PLEASE

--
Justin King
*Product Development Engineer*

Confidentiality notice: The information contained herein is confidential
and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete this message.
Message 4 of 7
jletcher

Go to manage tab pick insert object, pick create from file choose your file and hit ok.

Message 5 of 7
Jking5464

Thankyou I guess I didn't make the connection with an image being an "object". There is the insert image option below it and the wiki help never said anything about using "insert object" for inserting images. So again thankyou!

Message 6 of 7
jtylerbc

That Insert Image button, in my opinion, shouldn't even be there on the Manage tab.  It is grayed out unless you are in a definition sketch for a symbol or title block.

To place an image on a drawing sheet, you have to ignore the "Insert Image" button, and use "Insert Object" instead.  That is silly enough in itself, but it's even worse when you consider that the Sketch tab also has the Insert Image button.  Thus, for the button on the Manage tab to work, you have to already be in a sketch environment that already has its own copy of that button.

You're far from the first person I've seen confused by this goofy button.

Message 7 of 7
dan_szymanski

Dan Szymanski
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report