Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole Wizard - Just copy SolidWorks version

Hole Wizard - Just copy SolidWorks version

Having been working with HSMWorks the hole wizard is a HUGE productivity win. Inventor doesn't have anything like it and creating equivalent features takes quite a few more steps to model, then even more to program. 

It's staggering how impressive the SolidWorks Hole Wizard tool combined with the HSMWorks Hole Wizard is. I love showing it to SWx CAM customers and wouldn't half love to be able to show that off to Inventor customers as well.

7 Comments
scottmoyse
Mentor

There's shades of a hole wizard being shown here. Notably when the bolt is dragged onto the non planar surface.

kstate92
Collaborator

Is it any better at stock recognition than HSM Express in Inventor?  I just tried it yesterday with the stock removal in simulation turned on, and it was a rectangular bounding box... for a cylindrical part (WAT?).

scottmoyse
Mentor

Inventor HSM has some catching up to do with respect to stock definition and simulation when compared to HSMWorks for SolidWorks.

ArjanDijk
Advisor

Like the idea. Would be really usefull. But it still needs API to make it re4ally automated.

scottmoyse
Mentor

It would be great to see this idea implemented at the same time: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/customizable-hole-wizard/idi-p/3815989

fredsi
Collaborator

Frankly I'm surprised at how little attention is paid to this functionality. Have the advancements in modern adhesives made fasterers obsolete? I think not. I'm not given to criticizing Inventor vs. its competitors, but just adapt to a new way of accomplishing tasks. However, this is one area where serious benefit would be derived from reviewing and emulating competitor's features. It is the one thing I really miss in my migration from SW. 

Fred

scottmoyse
Mentor
If this idea gets 300-400 votes then it has a chance of getting implemented.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report