Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight invisible part in graphics window when selected

Highlight invisible part in graphics window when selected

When i have a lot of parts with visibility turned off and i would like to turn the visibility on, it would be nice to show a sort of highlight so i'm sure that's the part i need, now i have to gamble until i select the right part!

naamloos.JPG

13 Comments
denis.bourasseau
Enthusiast

Why not have a view of all invisible parts?

In that case, you would be able to directly select the part you want and then turn visibility on.

Ben-Cornelius
Collaborator

In an assembly when there are many component not visable and there are lots of view reps it can be easy to loose track of components and where thay are. What I would like is when you mouse over a component in the browser it displays in the graphics window with an outline then disappears if you move the mouse off the component.

current

83.jpg

proposed

84.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

And make a button to change between visible and invisible elements.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [49685]. Thanks!

JayCampbell7952
Participant

I would like to be able to do this too.  I'm still learning but I find myself with a lot of parts with visibility turned off while I am working.  If I want to turn one particular part visibility back on (and not knowing the name) I have to just start turning everything on, one by one, until I find the one I want.  It would be very nice to hover over the invisible parts in the browser and see a highlighted part show up in the workspace.  Then I could turn the right one on.

frederic.vandenplas
Collaborator

This seems to be a fairly easy modification, but 3 years later not implemented yet Smiley Sad

DRoam
Mentor

Really wish this one could be bumped up the list. Should be really simple (and I say that even knowing how naive that statement usually is).

We already have pre-highlight when we hover over a visible component in the browser. All we need is for that same pre-highlight to happen when we hover over a non-visible component in the browser. Maybe more involved than it sounds, but if not...

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We are refining procedures around idea status.  Changing this to Future Consideration.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are times when this would be incredibly useful and times when this could be very irritating. I'd like to see this implemented, but with a toggle in settings to turn it on and off at the users discretion.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [49685]. Thanks!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This has been available in Inventor 2022.1, and you could have a try.

jhgaA9FT5
Explorer

Since this is implemented. Is it possible to change the the preview to a more precise preview than just a box? I mean perhaps to just highlight the edges of the invisible component? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report