Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal - Hem for Multiple Edges

Sheet Metal - Hem for Multiple Edges

I'd like to create four side, but we have to do it one by one. Hopefully we could select four side at once.

EDGES4.PNG

10 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although implemented, this feature need minor improvement, allowing to hem multiple edges at once. Of course there's several workarounds already discussed on Inventor forum, but none is as convenient as having a dedicated button with 2 or 3 dialog options to choose from and OK to execute. 

Ben-Cornelius
Collaborator

so if currently if you want a hem with miters you have to set it back from the ends one at a time then use corner seam. You should be able to pick all edges with automatic corner seam conditions the same as flange does

10.JPG

11.JPG

dodii
Participant

@novly.abdurohmanwrote:

I'd like to create four side, but we have to do it one by one. Hopefully we could select four side at once.

EDGES4.PNG

maybe at moment that is the best that we can do by selecting one edge to others..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problam same
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be great if we can do it at once. Great idea @novly.abdurohman

jyager
Collaborator

A hem A.A. is a fairly common HVAC practice for patches or generic stiffening of a piece of steel...with the corners typically mitered. It's silly that this isn't already a function.

Ben-Cornelius
Collaborator
khalidelrefai
Explorer

I suggest to Adding the following options to Hem feature in sheet metal environment:

1. selecting multiple edges or loop select mode, also applying Miter automatically when Hem intersect.
  2. adding corner tab to Hem window for corner treatment optionsAutodesk Inventor Hem.png

Tags (1)
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [427]. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report