Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hatch object api

hatch object api

Hi,

Can you add access to hatch object through API or force Inventor to use only 45 or 135° hatch.

Thanks in advance

7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be great if this could be added... In my case i need to set a few hundred hatches to 0°... one by one now...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently it is not possible to access the hatch angle through iLogic or the API.

Modifying the current style's preset value for "Section Hatch Angle" isnt sufficient when a view gets rotated.

I wanted to make a simple iLogic or API script that would set all angles in a particulare view to the same hatch angle, but currently iLogic nor the API support access to setting hatch angles.

Please add this

Original question post about the subject: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/access-hatch-angle-through-i-logic/m-p/5779342#...

Tags (6)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great idea, Its a pain to do it manual but sometimes essential.

I've been searching in API for this too

Please add this even though it doesnt get that many kudos as most mainstream things

Its a little work and you get many new apps in the appstore im sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great idea, Its a pain to do it manual but sometimes essential.

I've been searching in API for this too

Please add this even though it doesnt get that many kudos as most mainstream things

Its a little work and you get many new apps in the appstore im sure

demuff
Enthusiast

We really need to be able to do this not only to set the hatch style/angle but also to set the hatch color for large assemblies with section views. Currently extremely tedious to go part by part.

Peter_Schulz
Participant

Great Idea, but not only for existing section view hatches. Add sketched hatches API too. Not everybody needs color filled areas like it is available already.

kmiller
Collaborator

Hi there,

We are trying to programmatically (through iLogic) apply a hatch fill to a sketch using projected lines from a drawing view.  We have all of this done and apply the fill by adding sketchfillregions.  however the fill is always solid.  My hunch is that the pattern of the hatch itself is not technically stored as a sketchfillregion and/or the api just doesn't allow for users to access this type of information.  I believe similar to what is discussed in this post.  Can anyone confirm that it is not possible to specify a pattern to a sketch hatch and you can only specify a solid fill with a color defined?   If you can specify patterns, scales, angles, etc.. with hatch via the api and it's not a sketchfillregion point us to the correct api object?  (we are using iLogic, but if we need to use normal API coding objects/methods that is fine too)

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report