Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global iLogic Event Triggers

Global iLogic Event Triggers

Currently, 2013, iLogic Events are stored in the local file. I would like to have Global Event Triggers that would be configured in the Application Options. For example:

1. Set a Global Event Trigger on all IPT and IAM when used as a New Document
  2. Global Trigger would run an External Rule that opens a Global Form for iProperties

This would work for all templates without having to edit the templates. OR...

1. Global Event before or after Save
  2. Fires an External Rule to check for required iProperties.
  3. If they are not filled out then a Global Form is launched.

If we had Global EventsThis would work on ALL data that was created before iLogic.

13 Comments
SteveMDennis
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US21134]. Thanks!

scottmoyse
Mentor

Oh hell yeah! This is what will really get me usign iLogic. Until this feature is added, its more of a toy than a dependable resource IMO.

scottmoyse
Mentor

I want to see an iLogic tab in the App Options and if possible a sub set of options in the Inventor Project file.

DeerSpotter
Collaborator

using 2014, where is this?? 

rki
Participant
Participant

Also working with 2014 and can't find it neither. There is the external rules yes, but the triggers remain to adjust in the files/templetes.

Any plans on implementing a global rule trigger system? This would really be helpfull.....

mrattray
Advisor

"Accepted idea" only means that AutoDesk has added it to their internal "requested features list", it does not mean that it will or will not ever be implemented with any specific release.

solson
Advocate

I see this having options for All Parts, All Sheet Metal Parts, All Assemblies, All Drawings, otherwise uses will have to add checks to the rule to not allow the rule to run on certain types of files.  I also like the suggestion of scottmoyse, that would allow users to make settings dependent on an Inventor Project File.

Josh_Hunt
Advocate

SOLSON, KUDOS to your Excellent idea. You typically don't want the same rules running on 2D and 3D anyway. Separate Global Triggers should be in the app options for.....

• Normal Parts
  • Sheet Metal Parts
  • Normal Assemblies
  • Weldment Assemblies
  • Design Accelerator Assemblies (Maybe it's better to have separate options for BOM PHANTOM assemblies?)
  • Factory Design Assemblies
  • Drawings (*.idw, *.dwg)

Am I missing any?

solson
Advocate
The list you posted seems like a fairly complete list, you even thought of a
few that I didn't think of.

Thanks,

Steve Olson

Manager, Training Services

Autodesk Certificed Instructor

Inventor 2015 Certified Professional

MESA, Inc.
Local: 412.921.6372

Toll Free: 888.301.6372

Check out my YouTube Channel

MESA email Sig v10
hartogj
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Inventor 2018.1 expanded iLogic’s trigger options to make them more ‘global’ and easily usable across a team with multiple projects. The triggers can be set on:

• New Document
  • Open/Close Document
  • Before/After Save Document
  • Model parameter change (part & assy)
  • Feature suppression change (part only)
  • Material change (parts only)

The 'What's New' for 2018.1 includes a blurb with a link to more details: http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-35383566-95AE-4F7A-AEA7-C27CB0ACCE18

This Idea was posted in the early days of this forum, and although it's far from having one of the highest vote counts, we see many being able to benefit from it in the future as they invest more in rules based design. We appreciate the patience!

Jon

hartogj
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

hartogj
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report