Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trim/Extend Frame Generator members to members with curved faces

Trim/Extend Frame Generator members to members with curved faces

You should be able to trim or extend a frame member to the face of a curved frame member

17.JPG

14 Comments
BryanKelley
Alumni

I want Frame Generator to be able to work with curved frame objects correctly

Tags (6)
jhunt107
Enthusiast

Bryan,

Can you explain in detail what happens incorrectly?

Josh

BryanKelley
Alumni

Hi Josh,

I want to be able to Trim, Extend, Lengthen, Shorten, Miter, and Notch any frame member regardless if it is curved or straight.  I should be able to use either definition when selecting the start/end or other condition that the frames need to use.

Thanks,

Bryan

LT.Rusty
Advisor

The other thing that's annoying with Frame Generator is that any curved elements you create, the curved part is separate from the straight part.  If I want a piece that's 60 inches long with a bend at the end that's got a 6" radius, it'll give me a 54" straight part and a part that's a 90 degree bend with R6, rather than a single piece of bent steel.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted idea [US7700]. Thanks!
MTimmis_ADSK
Advocate

Same request here please, trim to curved face using the trim/extend command in Frame Generator.

Jef_E
Collaborator

I also would like to see this implemented.

sjxyz
Enthusiast

So would I!

Huib_ManageCAD
Participant

I would like to be able to trim members using a curved surface. Straight surfaces are no problem. However I need to trim members to curved parts all the time. I would like to gather support for this problem

Trim to other components.PNG

Please hit the "vote up" button!

Tags (5)
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [13850]. Thanks!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2021. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2021. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2021. Two new zoom controls have been added to the property panel when inserting or editing frame members. These controls will make frame member offset values and rotations easier to interpret. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report