Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Analysis - Display the Displacement in the x, y, and z directions

Frame Analysis - Display the Displacement in the x, y, and z directions

The Frame Analysis results show the max resultant displacement.

Frame.jpg

It would be useful having the option to display the displacement in the x, y and z directions to determine, for instance, what the vertical displacement is.

8 Comments
Avrojet
Explorer
This is an older thread but I have the exact same question. Is it possible for inventor frame analysis to show the displacement components in the x, y and z direction? I am currently using Inventor 2016.
CadUser46
Collaborator

When working with DNV 2.7-1 (2013) it is required to calculate that no element has a deflection greater than 1/300 of its length.  We usually do this via the X, Y, Z of each node in FS2000.

The nodal displacement should be included in the report.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

tomaz.rode
Participant

Any news about displacements in x,y, z direction? I am also not able to find a displacement diagram for individual beam. There are only stresses, forces and moments.

ronnel
Participant

Hi there, same question I'm wanting to ask. And I actually started a new thread when failed to search one. I'm an engineer working on designs and it is very important to know the deflections in each axis as most of the standard books requires specific deflection on both lateral and vertical directions respectively. I hope Autodesk will include this in Frame Analysis. Thank you.

zayedm1
Community Visitor

Hello,

I am also trying to figure out the components of the displacement after doing a stress analysis. From what I see there isn't a way to do this. If anyone is able to figure it out please let me know. I will keep figuring it out in the meantime. 

Cheers.

bbrHBTDF
Observer

Would love to get this issue open to 'Vote'. Regularly trying to find the respective displacement of noded in X, Y, or Z-direction. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report