Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatted Text

Formatted Text

The text dialogue box in an IDW/DWG has had one update that I’m aware of.

It can barely be called a ‘Formatted Text’ dialogue box with just; bold, italics, underline as well as vertical and horizontal alignment.

At the moment the only useful thing is does is, link to iProperties. It doesn’t do this very well if there is more than one part/component in a drawing.

Again I’m going to suggest looking at the AutoCAD Multi-Line Text dialogue box, which has some practical options for draughts-people (drafts-people).

I’m also going to suggest that developers concentrate on getting the linkage to iProperties and ‘Engineers Notes’ nailed down.

As well as enable some form of embedding so that users can embed an office application – we shouldn’t be tied down to just MS – so that, for example, we could OLE a Word document from the ‘product specification documentation’ into a drawing. When the user clicks on the text Word activates and the text can be edited through Word’s interface. When the text isn’t active the Word border isn’t visible. Naturally, if text is OLE’d into a drawing it should only be edited through.

At present there is far more options for formatting text in this forum than in an Inventor drawing

5 Comments
Bplugem
Participant

This is just like the "Update Inventor Drawing Text Editor" request:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Update-Inventor-Drawing-Text-Editor/idi-p/3685260

DuncanAnderson
Collaborator

Thanks Bplugem, I did a quick search and had found nothing.

It is worthwhile noting that it is possible to OLE a Word document into a IDW/DWG and make it visible. Therefore it become possible to use Word as the formatted text editor.

DuncanAnderson
Collaborator

A bit of useful information.

MS now produce readers/viewers for all their office applications.

These are freely available.

Therefore, users would not be tied down to using MS Office, Inventor could install these readers/viewers, which would give Inventor access to the various components needed.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report