Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
8 Kudos
hagiographa

Fix the "Inventor Kill Switch"

by Active Contributor hagiographa on ‎07-16-2014 05:11 PM

When inventor is running slow and you try to access the "I PRO (File)" button at the top left corner to access commands - even though you wait a couple of seconds between clicks, it registers as a double-click and closes Inventor.  (I have lost count of how many times this has happened).

Where do you turn this feature off?  You should have to turn it on, not off.  I never use this feature, I always use the big red "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks 

Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎07-17-2014 07:04 AM

As much as I agree with you on the need to change this behavior (I use Logitech mice, and their most common mode of failure tends to be unintentional double clicking) this is something that seems to be built in to Windows.  If you look at almost any Windows program that uses a ribbon UI, it will act the same way.  Try it with Word or Excel.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube