Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Recognition in Inventor

Feature Recognition in Inventor

Feature Recognition in Inventor not in the App Store. Customers don't even know it exists. Why isn't it in Inventor?

Why is it necessary to download and install it? I want it to be embedded into Inventor.

What is Feature Recognition and what is it for? Here is a video application in practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6FVUvYkp5E&lc=UgynQdzsLfFbbKicZt94AaABAg

Feature_Recognition.png

10 Comments
sotelo.aaron
Participant

Autodesk Labs has a feature called "FEATURE RECOGNITION"
would be very useful if this application would come built into INVENTOR FUSION

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/feature_recognition

(Autodesk Labs posee una aplicación que se llama "FEATURE RECOGNITION"
seria de mucha utilidad si esta aplicación pudiese venir incorporada en INVENTOR FUSION)

Tags (1)
scott.sheppard
Autodesk

Thank you for the endorsement. A 2014-compatible version is in the Autodesk App Exchange.

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aFeatur...

rhondawhite6115
Community Visitor

Hello Autodesk Community, My name is Rhonda. I downloaded the feature recognition apps. I had to change the permission rights to get the app to show up in the Autodesk Exchange App Manager. The app still does not work. I tried on a step file and a Solidworks file. I went to the Exchange app manager and right clicked on icon and tried to open help file. When I clicked on help file it said Access to the file was denied. I am a suscriber of the autodesk Ultimate suite. I asked my IT department to check Chrome to see if it was blocking me. They assured me that was not the problem. I think I need to know what this file says before I can get my app to work. Can someone please give me an idea of what to try?

bverboort
Advocate

Enable/Support more/all model features in Exchange App Feature Recognition Add-In.
Delete Face, Direct Edits, Thicken, Face Draft, Split, Face Draft, etc...

GeorgK
Advisor

In the feature recognition there should be an option to recognize the holes as pattern.

https://apps.autodesk.com/PDSU/en/Detail/Index?id=9172877436288348979&appLang=en&os=Win32_64

The feature recognition recognize each hole as a separate hole. It should be possible to find all holes from the same type and replace them with a pattern. Or all holes from the same type shold be in the same sketch. The sketch should be fully constrained and fillet and chamfer should be dimensioned.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

NachitoMax
Advisor

Hey

It would be great if we could access the Recognise Features through the API. With the introduction of AnyCAD allowing more cross platform development, there is more common work involving 3rd party models that are imported as dumb geometry (Step files especially). If we could access a way of calling the recognise features in code, that would really expand our automation across AnyCAD objects

Thanks

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report