Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Name Information for Browser Features - Thicken

Extended Name Information for Browser Features - Thicken

Extended Name information for the dimensions of the Thicken feature would be nice. Available for fillets, extrusions, holes etc.

Thicken w exteneded information.PNG

Extended information is very useful for those that don't already use it:

turn 'Show Extended Names' on

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/no-longer-get-extended-browser-information...

6 Comments
steve.west
Advocate

This would be helpful. At present you have to select a feature to view the information, but this would be easier, and would allow you to view multiple values at the same time

spackle42
Advocate

Another option that could be combined with this would be to show parameter names that relate to each operation.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US-166574]. Thanks!

david
Advocate

Hi everyone,

I was about to post a similar idea when I found this post.

I've seen the status changed to "ACCEPTED", a few month ago so I will wait patiently to see it appears in an update in the very near future :).

I don't know how developers will implement it but my request would go a little further than @Heathos88 one.

In addition to the the parameter, specify whether it is a thicken (automatic blend ticked off) or an offset (automatic blend ticked on) would be very helpful.

This screencast (made before finding this post) illustrates that request.

Thanks for reading.

David

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Hello @david,

Great screencast recording. It is cool to hear a voice along with an Idea request.  Some possible solutions for this idea are currently under discussion on the NDA based Inventor Feedback/Beta forums. If you would like to contribute/validate then please apply for access using this link:

Join the Inventor Beta

Thanks! -Dan

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2019. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report