Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
11 Kudos
dts

Export inventor animation to FBX

by dts on ‎05-19-2014 07:09 AM

It would be a great added workflow to be able to export all animations (a presentation file, an inventor studio animation, a dynamic simulation) to an FBX format. 

The FBX you then could use in Showcase or Max to focus on the added value of those software packages instead of recreating those animations (try to recreate a dynamic simulation in Max, it'll never be as good as you can in Inventor). So adding an environment, adding materials like sand or water and other effects like the sparks of welding.

An example would be this dynamic simulation -  Inventor studio rendering: http://a360.co/121481d

Comments
by dts on ‎06-16-2014 07:52 AM

I noticed that the link sometimes is not working, so I posted it below:

µ

by bfairy on ‎11-03-2014 04:00 AM

It would indeed be a great feature.

I know Showcase could accept Inventor constraint drivers and use it as a behaviour/animation so it is not an impossible feature to deliver.

All it would need is for Inventor to enable animation baking and export this as an FBX.

This would need to work in 3dsMax, Maya, VRED and possibly Showcase.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube