Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding multiple sheets from count & printing within a drawing environment.

Excluding multiple sheets from count & printing within a drawing environment.

It would be good to exclude multiple sheets from a count or printing in a drawing environment. We create a fabrication drawing and add ''NESTING'' sheets after the 'FAB'' sheets to place in the flat patterns to export. We don't want to print out all the sheets as we can have 50+. We exclude them (the Nesting sheets) from printing and exclude them from the sheet count. We have to do this for every sheet. It would be useful if you could highlight in the browser bar the sheets which you want to exclude and exclude them all in one go.

5 Comments
niksasa
Collaborator

f I am not mistaken it can be implemented using ilogic

Cadmanto
Mentor

One would think this already exists given there is a selection to print excluded sheets.

print.JPG

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

bryantsonnier
Enthusiast

Why archive this post?  The issue is still valid so if I want to vote on it i will have to create a whole new post or find one someone else did and vote on that one.  Then maybe message all the poor suckers who voted for this post and tell them to log back in and vote again on another post so that maybe this time Inventor will take them seriously. 

Honestly i've struggled since 2015 with this issue (excluding multiple prints).  It wasn't the biggest Inventor annoyance by far so i've dealt with it but i remember one time looking up the issue and finding that there was no solution so i just went back to slogging through it.  Looks like some one fought with it enough to actually create a post that others voted on.  I would love to vote for this as well but now i have to repost and the vote count starts back at 1.  This is rather disheartening and makes me not want to do it at all.  Then i think how many others out there feel the exact same way and not understanding the vote structure or any of that so i will repost my issue.  

This brings a larger grievance i have with inventor.  This would be a nice quality of life improvement for the program.  I can see it taking away a fair amount of grief for any who have multiple configurations.  It doesn't rise to the level of a pain to say i would quit Inventor over it but this is just one issue.  Imagine how many others are out there and all those little pains give someone a bad taste in their mouth and less likely to stick with your program even though individually it doesn't rise to the point where it gets a lot of votes.  I know coding is difficult resources can be slim but if you want to make loyal customers you find a way to make their day easier with the small stuff as well as the big stuff. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report