Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
0 Kudos

Excel Parameters drop-down option when annotating text in Drawing

by johnstda on ‎02-02-2014 01:53 AM

I often used linked parameters stored in an Excel spreadsheet. But to use these values when annotating text in a drawing, I have to first give my Model parameters (dimensions d34, d35, etc.) a new name of say (handle_diameter), before I can then find and use that parameter in my drawings. There is no way I can accurately identify say d34 as the handle diameter. It would be good to add a 3rd option under the Source combo box when Formatting Text, called 'Excel Parameters'. This would automatically fill the parameter combo box next to it with all the parameters in my Excel spreadsheet and prevent the requirement of renaming all my useful Model parameters into something remotely indentifiable, which becomes very tedious.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube